WILLITS BYPASS PROJECT
2015 CONSTRUCTION SEASON
JUNE 2015 UPDATE
The following is a summary of the construction activities that have been completed up to June 20, 2015
- Contractor has completed approximately 70 % of work on the project.
Southern Segment (Beginning of Project to Center Valley Road) – STA”A”96+00 to 149+00 (3.3 miles):
- Repair of winter storm damage to slopes is complete.
- Haehl Creek realignment and fish passage improvement work is complete.
- Final excavation and grading at the south interchange is in progress. Paving may be complete in October 2015.
- Right and left bridges for 101/20 Separation are complete, except for concrete barriers, joint seals, and deck grooving. These items of work will not begin until late in 2015 or early 2016.
- At Haehl Creek, right and left mainline bridges and southbound off-ramp S101/W20 Connector Bridge foundations and abutments are complete. Superstructure construction is in progress at all three, and will be completed in October 2015.
- Northbound onramp E20/N101 Connector Bridge is complete, except for concrete barriers, joint seals, and deck grooving.
- East Hill Road Undercrossing Bridge is complete except for concrete barriers, joints, and deck grooving.
- North Haehl Creek Bridge is complete except for concrete barriers, joint seals, and deck grinding.
- Pond relocation at Rutledge property is complete.
- Embankment and grading between shell lane and Center Valley Road is in progress. Paving may be complete in October 2015.
- Baechtel Creek Retaining Wall is complete. Concrete barrier, backfill and embankment will be completed in 2015.
- Erosion control materials are being monitored and maintained at all locations. Final erosion control work will be completed in September and October, 2015
Floodway Viaduct – STA “A” 149+00 to 167+50 (1.2 miles):
- Frames 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are complete except for concrete barriers, deck grooving, and surface finishing. Hinges 8, 13, and 17 are complete. Hinge 4 is under construction
- Frames 6, 7, and 8 are under construction.
- Completion of the Viaduct by September 2015 is anticipated.
- City of Willits and Caltrans continue to coordinate work near WWTP facilities at Frames 6, 7, and 8.
North Segment (Viaduct to End of Project – STA “A” 167+50 to 191+10 (1.5 miles):
- Redesign of the North interchange is complete and construction is in progress.
- Imported fill between the railroad overcrossing and the north tie-in is mostly complete and started into required fill settlement periods.
- Imported fill construction between the Floodway Viaduct and the railroad is in progress.
- Foundation pile are complete at Quail Meadows Overhead bridge and Quail Meadows Undercrossing bridge. Construction of abutments is in progress.
- Foundation pile are under construction at three Upp Creek bridges – (mainline, NB on-ramp, SB off-ramp.)
- Utility relocation work is ongoing.
- Completion of all mainline and interchange bridges in October 2015 is anticipated.
- Erosion control is being monitored and maintained at all locations.
- Completion of final grading and paving will be performed in 2016, after fill settlement is complete.