WILLITS BYPASS PROJECT
2015 CONSTRUCTION SEASON
JULY 2015 UPDATE
The following is a summary of the construction activities that have been completed up to July 16, 2015
- Contractor has completed approximately 73 % of work on the project.
Southern Segment (Beginning of Project to Center Valley Road) – STA”A”96+00 to 149+00 (3.3 miles):
- Repair of winter storm damage to slopes is complete.
- Haehl Creek realignment and fish passage improvement work is complete.
- Final excavation at the south interchange will be completed this week, with material hauled to the north interchange for embankment. Grading and paving may be completed in October 2015.
- Right and left bridges for 101/20 Separation are complete, except for concrete barriers, joint seals, and deck grooving. These items of work will not begin until late in 2015 or early 2016.
- At Haehl Creek, right and left mainline bridges and southbound off-ramp S101/W20 Connector Bridge foundations and abutments are complete. Superstructure construction is in progress at all three, and will be completed in October 2015.
- Northbound onramp E20/N101 Connector Bridge is complete, except for concrete barriers, joint seals, and deck grooving.
- East Hill Road Undercrossing Bridge is complete except for concrete barriers, joints, and deck grooving.
- North Haehl Creek Bridge is complete except for concrete barriers, joint seals, and deck grinding.
- Pond relocation at Rutledge property is complete.
- Embankment between shell lane and Center Valley Road is in complete. Drainage structures, final grading, and paving may be complete in October 2015.
- Baechtel Creek Retaining Wall is complete. Concrete barrier, backfill and embankment will be completed in 2015.
- Erosion control materials are being installed, monitored and maintained at all locations. Final erosion control work will be completed in September and October, 2015
- New additional drainage structures at Center Valley Road are under construction and will be completed in July.
Floodway Viaduct – STA “A” 149+00 to 167+50 (1.2 miles):
- Frames 1 through 6 and Frame 8 are complete except for concrete barriers, deck grooving, and surface finishing.
- Frame 7 deck construction is in progress.
- Hinges 8, 13, and 17 are complete. Hinge 4 and 22 are under construction. Construction of Hinges 26 and 30 is pending the completion of Frame 7
- City of Willits and Caltrans continue to coordinate work near WWTP facilities at Frames 6, 7, and 8.
- Completion of the Viaduct by September 2015 is anticipated.
- Redesign of the North interchange is complete and construction is in progress.
- Imported fill between Upp Creek and the north tie-in is mostly complete and started into required fill settlement periods.
- Imported fill construction between the Floodway Viaduct and the Upp Creek will resume on or near July 20
- Foundations are complete at Quail Meadows Overhead, Quail Meadows Undercrossing, and three bridges crossing Upp Creek. Construction of abutments and falsework is in progress.
- Completion of all mainline and interchange bridges in October 2015 is anticipated.
- Utility relocation work is ongoing.
- Erosion control is being installed, monitored and maintained at all locations.
- Completion of final grading and paving will be performed in 2016, after fill settlement is complete.