WILLITS BYPASS PROJECT
2015 CONSTRUCTION SEASON
SEPTEMBER 2015 UPDATE
The following is a summary of the construction activities that have been completed up to September, 2015
- Contractor has completed approximately 81 % of work on the project.
- Repair of Haehl Creek realignment and fish passage improvement work is complete with the exception of willow planting.
- Aggregate base material will be complete by the end of September.
- The drainage systems are installed with the exception of installing grates and aprons which will occur after paving.
- Paving is expected to be completed in October 2015.
- Right and left bridges for 101/20 Separation are complete, except for joint seals, and deck grooving. These items of work will not begin until late in 2015 or early 2016.
- At Haehl Creek, right and left mainline bridges and southbound off-ramp S101/W20 Connector Bridge Falsework removal in Haehl Creek is complete. Superstructure construction complete. Grinding and joint seals to be complete late 2015 or early 2016.
- Northbound onramp E20/N101 Connector Bridge is complete except for joint seals, and deck grooving.
- East Hill Road Undercrossing Bridge is complete except for joints, and deck grooving.
- North Haehl Creek Bridge is complete except for, joint seals, and deck grinding.
- Final grading of Rutludge pond area is complete.
- Aggregate Base between shell lane and Center Valley Road is in complete. Paving is expected to be complete in October 2015.
- Baechtel Creek Retaining Wall backfill, embankment and final grading is complete. Barrier Rail is likely to be complete in October 2015
- Erosion control materials are being installed, monitored and maintained at all locations. Final erosion control work will be completed in October, 2015
- Drainage structures on Center Valley Road are completed and final cleanup ongoing.
Floodway Viaduct – STA “A” 149+00 to 167+50 (1.2 miles):
- All 8 frames of the Floodway Viaduct are complete
- Hinges 4, 8, 13, 17 and 22 are complete. Hinges 26 and 30 are under construction.
- Completion of the Viaduct by September 2015 is anticipated.
- Drainage systems are currently being installed. Completion is expected by November 2015 with the exception of some modifications required near the north tie-in after the traffic switch.
- Imported fill from the Viaduct to the North interchange is nearly complete. Final grading is in process.
- Imported fill between Upp Creek and the north tie-in is still in required fill settlement period.
- Foundations are complete at Quail Meadows Overhead, Quail Meadows Undercrossing. Superstructure construction is in progress and will be completed in late 2015.
- Upp Creek Main Line, Upp Creek SB Off Ramp, and Upp Creek NB On Ramp bridges are complete except for joints and grinding.
- Completion of all mainline and interchange bridges in October 2015 is anticipated.
- Utility relocation work is ongoing.
- Erosion control is being installed, monitored and maintained at all locations.
Completion of final grading and paving will be performed in 2016, after fill settlement is complete.